Thursday, October 9, 2014

My weekend garden to-do list

Just a quick list today. It's a school day and Miss 2 is at day care, so I have about 5 hours to myself. It's literally been months since I spent any time gardening, but today and tomorrow are when I am diving back in. I sort of went into hibernation over winter, but now spring is here in full force I am ready to get back out there. We don't have any vegetables growing at the moment, just a little potted herb garden, but we still have our fruit trees and ornamental garden beds to look after, and boy do they look neglected :( Onward and upward though.

We are having friends over for a barbecue tomorrow night, so Anthony will spend a few hours mowing tomorrow while I potter around with the kids ticking the remaining things off my list. I love showing them how to do things in the garden, and teaching them what my parents have taught me. I hope they continue to love nurturing and reaping the benefits of gardening as they grow up.

My to-do list: 
Weed all garden beds and pots

Feed fruit trees

Plant new herbs (a lovely friend sent me and Anthony a gorgeous planter of fresh herb seedlings for our birthdays, but I am transferring them into our bigger herb pot so they can grow a bit, and we will keep the planter as a little feature, it's really pretty)

Water all pots on the patio

Compost flowering cherry tree

Trim the front hedges

Transfer the compost in the blue bin to the black one and move the blue bin to new location

Re-fence the side of the chook pen (We did have a couple of chooks, but a few weeks ago they got attacked by our older dog. He had never so much as licked them before then, but we adopted a new smaller dog about 2 months ago and we think his 'pack mentality' may have kicked in to overdrive, and unfortunately the chooks kept escaping their pen and copped it. The kids especially miss them around the garden, and so do I! Plus having to buy eggs sucks after having them fresh from our own chooks for 2 years. I am hoping to introduce some new ladies soon though. Watch this space!)

Fix the gate on the chook pen

Clean the BBQ

All this plus my normal house work makes for a busy day! I'd better get to it. Happy weekend! xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments and questions, I will check back here to reply as often as I can :)